понеділок, 8 вересня 2014 р.

My First Vocabulary Class

My First Vocabulary Class
Hello to everyone! My name is Alla Kuznietsova and it’s my first post, which is aptly named My first vocabulary class.
To begin with, it was a classic example of a sunny September day.  Moreover, there were no gale-force winds or torrential rain that day. That’s why I had considerable difficulty not to have head in the clouds, but to concentrate my attention on studying. It was pleasant to see familiar faces of my groupmates at university. Of course, we were overwhelmed after the long summer holidays, and it was a real effort for our instructors to start the classes on time, because the noise in the lecture room didn’t die down. However, when it was our turn to have the first vocabulary class, our behavior was entirely different and we tried not to make a noise.
I have been waiting for this subject, since I was a fresher. I knew it should definitely be not only helpful, but at the same time interesting. While I was thinking about it, the instructor came. I was a little bit anxious and my thoughts were in utter chaos. My main concern was not to make absurd mistakes or not to speak with a strong accent. However, I tried to keep my head. To my surprise, our instructor didn’t face strong criticism. On the contrary, she put us in a positive frame of mind. She also gave us a brief summary of her subject to made it clear to us. I’ve reached a conclusion that it’ll be really useful subject for me, because it’ll help to enrich my knowledge, improve my language skills, etc. For example: if I learn new collocations, and their use in practice, I will know how to settle an argument between the English people. Moreover, if I speak English fluently, I will reach the point where I’ll face the prospect of working as an interpreter. We also had an activity, which helped us to tell something about ourselves in the fascinating way. Our task was to choose adjectives and phrases, which begin with the first letters of our names. We burst into laugh and had fun. It was a good way to clear the air.
Time went by too fast and the minute hand of a watch was a real eyesore, because it showed that our class came to the end. All in all, we spent great time together, and I hope that all the best is yet to come!

4 коментарі:

  1. I wish you good luck during this course - to learn everything promptly or have a narrow escape from bad marks (t`hu-t`hu). Never burst into tears and smile despite the fact that you`re lower because one day you can be on the top of the world. You know that after a torrential rain there`s a smiling sun.

    ВідповістиВидалити
  2. Having a rich vocabulary is a top priority of every student of our department. That is why we should face the prospect that we must put a real effort in order to achieve the best result. Nevertheless, I am entirely sure that you will take a genuine pleasure in dreaming up your blogposts and pass this course with flying colours as you are a very persistent and diligent student.

    ВідповістиВидалити
  3. As a philologists, we need to understand the importance of rhetoric and have consistently perform all tasks to improve our English skills.

    ВідповістиВидалити